I'm Mike Singer, the founder & developer of Snappy Checkout. I'm here to help if you have any questions that are not covered below. Feel free to email me anytime.
Connect Over 300 Web AppsWhen you receive a payment with Snappy Checkout, you can automatically send your payment information to nearly any web app on the Internet. This is made possible by Snappy Checkout's integration with Zapier. Here's a complete list of web apps that are currently supported:
Note: The Snappy Checkout Zapier integration is currently in “invite-only” mode while it's in the process of being approved for public use by Zapier. For you, that just means you'll need to click the following link to be able to access Snappy Checkout from your Zapier account:
An Example—Subscribe Your Customers to a MailChimp Mailing ListFollow these steps to start auto subscribing new customers to your MailChimp mailing list. While these instructions are specifically for MailChimp, you can follow most of these steps to connect Snappy Checkout to any web app.
1) Use the Zapier invitation link to get access to Snappy Checkout from your Zapier account. Click the “Accept Invite & Go To Dashboard” button and log into your Zapier account OR create a new Zapier account if you don't already have one.
2) Once logged into your Zapier account, click the “Make a Zap!” link to create a new zap.
3) Set your trigger to “New Payment Received” with “Snappy Checkout” and your action to “Add Subscriber” with “MailChimp” — and click the “Continue” button.
4) Click the “Connect a Snappy Checkout Account” button to connect your Snappy Checkout Account to Zapier.
This step will prompt you to enter your Snappy Checkout API key. You can find that in the Account --> API section of the Snappy Checkout admin. Click the “Continue” button after entering your Snappy Checkout API key.
If all goes well, you should see an “Account is working” message displayed.
5) Click the “Copy to clipboard” button to copy the Zapier webhook URL.
Paste that URL into the Account --> Webhooks section of the Snappy Checkout admin. Click the “Save Changes” button to save the pasted webhook URL.
Leave this webpage open for now — you'll need to come back to complete step #9 below.
6) Click the “Connect a MailChimp Account” button to connect your MailChimp account to Zapier. Follow the instructions to log into your MailChimp account. If all goes well, you should see an “Account is working” message displayed. Click the “Continue” button.
7) The next step allows you to filter payments coming from Snappy Checkout. This would allow you to do something like only add customers to a mailing list if they purchased a specific product. If you're interested in adding all customers to your mailing list, then you should click the “Continue” button and skip this step.
8) Choose the MailChimp mailing list to use from the “List” drop down box AND click the “Insert fields” button to enter the “Customer Email” field in the “Email” box. Set any other options that apply. Click the “Continue” button when done.
9) Now, it's time to test your new zap. Click the “Test Snappy Checkout trigger” button.
At this point, you're going to see a message that says “We couldn't get any samples from Snappy Checkout”. You can disregard that message. Click the “Ok, I did this” button (since you already setup the webhook in step #5 above).
When Zapier requests you to “go create a brand new Payment”, click the “Test” button beside the Zapier webhook URL in the Snappy Checkout admin. That will tell Snappy Checkout to send a test payment to Zapier.
Click the “Ok, I did this” button. When Zapier detects your test payment (this might take 10-20 seconds), you'll see a “We found your changes” message. Click the “All done!” button.
10) Click the “Test Zap with this sample” button if you'd like to test your zap. Or click the “Continue” button to skip the test.
11) Enter a name for your zap and click the “Turn Zap On” button to finish creating your zap.
That's it! From now on, when you receive payments in Snappy Checkout, your customers will be automatically added to your MailChimp mailing list.